Standing for Postgraduate Liaison
At our next conference in June in Hong Kong, the position of Postgraduate Liaison will be up for election.
What is involved? It is expected that Executive Committee (EC) members will each year attend and report at the two (or sometimes one) EC meetings and the Annual General Meeting (AGM), for which expenses will be reimbursed in line with RaAM policy. Where physical attendance is impossible, some form of video-conferencing link will normally be set up.
Why should you stand for election? It is important that RaAM is run by its members and we need people to be willing to give their time and energy to making sure RaAM continues to develop as an international support for metaphor research and training. So, if you are interested in helping, please stand.
Task description for Postgraduate Liaison
Please note: Only members who are a student at the time of election can stand for this position.
- Creating PhD network via e.g. posting info on website, Facebook forum
- Attending EC meetings & give brief reports
- Contacting RaAM PhD members before conference/specialised seminar
- Arranging PhD meeting during conference/specialised seminar
- Finding PhD student to write conference/specialised seminar report for newsletter
- Informing PhD students about bursaries, prizes, etc. where applicable
Duration of appointment The Postgraduate liaison will be appointed for a period of two years.
Questions? Any questions about this post can be sent to RaAM's Postgraduate Liaison
How do you go about standing? If you want to stand for Postgraduate Liaison, please fill in the 2018 Elections candidacy form. You will need to be nominated and seconded by colleagues who are members of RaAM at the time of nomination. Candidates will also need to be members of RaAM at the time of voting (i.e., between June 1st and June 27th, 2018). Nominators and seconders should make certain in advance that candidates agree to being proposed.