The 13th RaAM conference will be held at Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences from 18 – 21 June 2020. Its theme is “Metaphorical creativity in a multilingual world”. The conference aims to explicitly address and further explore the links between figurative communication and creativity among people with different language backgrounds.
The conference venue will be the Faculty of Education at Hamar, Norway, and the conference is hosted in collaboration with the Centre for Multilingualism in Society across the Lifespan (Multiling), a Centre of Excellence at the University of Oslo.
- Marianna Bolognesi (University of Oxford, UK)
- Daniel Casasanto (Cornell University, USA)
- Jeannette Littlemore (University of Birmingham, UK)
- Tony Veale (University College Dublin, Ireland)
RaAM is pleased to offer a limited number of bursaries for both students and non-students to attend RaAM conferences and seminars. The bursaries are available to RaAM members who have had their abstracts accepted and are allocated based on financial need, with a focus on developing countries. If you wish to apply for a bursary, please complete the application form.
Information about the conference can be found:
- On the conference website
- On Twitter, Facebook and Instagram @RaAMconf #2020INNmetaphor
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call for papers
The call for papers can be found here. The deadline for submitting abstracts was 15 November 2019.
We look forward to seeing you all in Hamar!