We are happy to announce that the 7th specialised RaAM seminar will take place at the University of Liège, Belgium, on 16 and 17 May, 2019.
The theme of the seminar is Metaphor studies at the intersection of multiple disciplines. The seminar focuses on a variety of disciplines (including philosophy, psychology, social sciences, communication studies, health care, political science, education, second language pedagogy, translation studies, and so on), and a variety of methods to investigate cross-fertilization possibilities.
Student bursaries available
RaAM is happy to offer a limited number of bursaries (EUR 200) for students to attend the RaAM seminar in Liège, Belgium. The bursaries are based on financial need, with a focus on developing countries. They will be available to students who have had their abstracts accepted. If you wish to apply for a bursary, please complete the application form.
The seminar programme is available!
Registration is now open! Please register via the conference website.
Keynote speakers are:
- Dr. Christian Burgers (Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Metaphor Lab Amsterdam)
- Dr. Seana Coulson (University of California San Diego)
- Dr. Cristina Soriano (University of Geneva, Interfaculty Centre for Affective Sciences)
There will be three pre-seminar methodological workshops on Thursday morning (16 May):
- Fantastic visual metaphors and where to find them – Dr. Marianna Bolognesi (Oxford University, Faculty of Medieval and Modern Languages)
- Measuring the effect of metaphors: the use of experimental surveys – Dr. Jérémy Dodeigne (University of Namur, Department of Political, Social and Communication Sciences)
- The Defaultness Hypothesis – Dr. Rachel Giora (Department of Linguistics, Tel Aviv University)
Please note that you will have to be a member of the RaAM association in order to attend the seminar. You do not have to be a RaAM member to submit an abstract, but you will need to be a registered and paid-up member in order to complete the conference registration process in spring 2019.