We are pleased to announce another RaAM-endorsed event!
Metaphor as means of knowledge communication: International Symposium at Perm State University (PSU), Russia.
To be held from 10 – 14 October 2016.
The symposium is being organized by the faculty of Modern Languages and Literatures and the International Summer School on Metaphor and will be attached to the celebration of the 100th anniversary of the University (October, 14).
The following research topics will be highlighted at the symposium:
- Metaphor in Arts
- Metaphor in Science and professional Communication
- Metaphor in teaching
- Metaphor in translation
- Metaphor and transdiscursive knowledge transfer
- Metaphor and knowledge management
- Metaphor and language planning
- Development of metaphorical and terminological competence
- L.M. Alekseeva, Department of Linguodidactics, The head of Perm Metaphor School
- J. Engberg, Aarhus School of Business and Social Sciences, Aarhus University
- J. Littlemore, University of Birmingham
- G.J. Steen, University of Amsterdam
Abstracts of 30-minute workshops and 20-minute papers (no more than 400 words, excluding references), poster presentations, and virtual presentations are invited on any topic in the broad areas indicated above. All abstracts will be subject to a double-blind review process.
The main language of the conference will be English, but there will also be two tracks of papers in Russian and German. Abstracts with keywords should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for abstracts submissions: March 15, 2016
Notification of acceptance/rejection: June 1, 2016
For further information, please email email@example.com