Standing for Conference Secretary
At our next seminar in May in Liège, Belgium, several positions on the RaAM Executive Committee (EC) will be up for election.
What is involved?
It is expected that Executive Committee (EC) members will each year attend and report at the two (or sometimes one) EC meetings and the Annual General Meeting (AGM), for which expenses will be reimbursed in line with RaAM policy. Where physical attendance is impossible, some form of video-conferencing link will normally be set up.
Why should you stand for election?
It is important that RaAM is run by its members and we need people to be willing to give their time and energy to making sure RaAM continues to develop as an international support for metaphor research and training. So, if you are interested in helping, please stand.
Task description for Conference Secretary
The Conference Secretary is responsible for liaison between the RaAM Executive Committee and organizers of RaAM-sponsored events (conferences, specialised seminars or workshops). Specifically this involves:
- Establishing and/or updating procedures for bids to host RaAM-sponsored events and ensuring these are posted on the RaAM website
- Receiving such bids from prospective organisers and presenting these for the consideration of the Executive Committee at one of its biannual meetings
- Ensuring that organisers of RaAM-sponsored events are familiar with and adhere to the guidelines for organising such events, as set down in documents issued by its Executive Committee
- Reporting to the Executive Committee at its biannual meetings on any news pertaining to the organisation of RaAM-sponsored events
- Reporting to RaAM members at the Annual General Meeting of the Association on any matters pertaining to the organisation of RaAM-sponsored events
Duration of appointment
The Conference Secretary will be appointed for a period of three years.
Any questions about this post can be sent to RaAM’s conference secretary.
How do you go about standing?
If you want to stand for Conference Secretary, please fill in the 2019 Elections candidacy form. You will need to be nominated and seconded by colleagues who are members of RaAM at the time of nomination. Candidates will also need to be members of RaAM at the time of voting (i.e., between May 1st and May 16th, 2019). Nominators and seconders should make certain in advance that candidates agree to being proposed.