What is involved?
It is expected that Executive Committee (EC) members will each year attend and report at the two EC meetings and the Annual General Meeting (AGM), for which expenses will be reimbursed in line with RaAM policy. Where physical attendance is impossible, some form of video-conferencing link will normally be set up.
Task description for Conference Secretary
The Conference Secretary is responsible for liaison between the RaAM Executive Committee and organizers of RaAM-sponsored events (conferences, specialised seminars or workshops). Specifically this involves:
- Establishing and/or updating procedures for bids to host RaAM-sponsored events and ensuring these are posted on the RaAM website;
- Receiving such bids from prospective organisers and presenting these for the consideration of the Executive Committee at one of its biannual meetings;
- Ensuring that organisers of RaAM-sponsored events are familiar with and adhere to the guidelines for organising such events, as set down in documents issued by its Executive Committee;
- Reporting to the Executive Committee at its biannual meetings on any news pertaining to the organisation of RaAM-sponsored events;
- Reporting to RaAM members at the Annual General Meeting of the Association on any matters pertaining to the organisation of RaAM-sponsored events.
Duration of appointment
The Conference Secretary will be appointed for a period of three years.
Any questions can be sent to RaAM’s current conference secretary.