Standing for Postgraduate Liaison
What is involved?
It is expected that Executive Committee (EC) members will each year attend and report at the two EC meetings and the Annual General Meeting (AGM), for which expenses will be reimbursed in line with RaAM policy. Where physical attendance is impossible, some form of video-conferencing link will normally be set up.
Task description for Postgraduate Liaison
Please note: Only members who are a student at the time of election can stand for this position.
- Creating PhD network via e.g. posting info on website, Facebook forum
- Attending EC meetings & give brief reports
- Contacting RaAM PhD members before conference
- Arranging PhD meeting during conference
- Interviewing PhD students for the RaAM newsletter
- Informing PhD students about bursaries, prizes, etc., where applicable
Duration of appointment
The Postgraduate liaison will be appointed for a period of two years.
Any questions about this post can be sent to the current RaAM’s Postgraduate Liaison.