Standing for Treasurer
At our next seminar in May in Liège, Belgium, several positions on the RaAM Executive Committee (EC) will be up for election.
What is involved?
It is expected that Executive Committee (EC) members will each year attend and report at the two (or sometimes one) EC meetings and the Annual General Meeting (AGM), for which expenses will be reimbursed in line with RaAM policy. Where physical attendance is impossible, some form of video-conferencing link will normally be set up.
Why should you stand for election?
It is important that RaAM is run by its members and we need people to be willing to give their time and energy to making sure RaAM continues to develop as an international support for metaphor research and training. So, if you are interested in helping, please stand.
Task description for Treasurer
The RaAM Treasurer needs to be UK-based.
- Setting the annual RaAM subscription rates in collaboration with the rest of the EC
- Collecting subscriptions
- Sending out receipts and information to members.
- Developing, maintaining and updating the RaAM database
- Looking after the two RaAM bank accounts (the current account and the savings account) through internet banking and by phone
- Ensuring that RaAM remains solvent and having the accounts checked
- Agreeing with the RaAM Chair how much can be paid out in expenses for Executive Committee meetings
- Processing claim forms and paying expenses (the treasurer and the Chair are the two official signatories for RaAM cheques although only one signature is required; expenses are generally paid by bank transfer)
- Paying for other RaAM related business (such as RaAM prizes and insurance)
- Keeping an account of receipts and payments for the charity commission, using their official template
- Reporting to the Executive Committee and the AGM
- Liaising with conference organisers over payment of RaAM annual subscriptions
Duration of appointment
The Treasurer will be appointed for a period of three years.
Any questions about this post can be sent to RaAM’s treasurer.
How do you go about standing?
If you want to stand for Treasurer, please fill in the 2019 Elections candidacy form. You will need to be nominated and seconded by colleagues who are members of RaAM at the time of nomination. Candidates will also need to be members of RaAM at the time of voting (i.e., between May 1st and May 16th, 2019). Nominators and seconders should make certain in advance that candidates agree to being proposed.