Dear soon-to-be RaAM-member,
Thank you for your interest in the Association for Researching and Applying Metaphor (RaAM)!
If you want to become a member immediately, please fill in the joining form.
RaAM strives to advance the study of metaphor, metonymy and other kinds of figurative expressions, with a commitment to the application of such research to 'real world' issues.
The Association strives:
- to advance the study of metaphor, metonymy and other kinds of figurative expression, with a commitment to the application of such research to 'real world' issues;
- encourage the development of rigorous research methods for the study of metaphor, metonymy and figurative expression in general in applied contexts; and
- to foster interdisciplinary collaboration in this area of study.
The Association is open in terms of:
- the theoretical approaches that members apply,
- the means of expression they analyse (be it language, imagery, objects, sound, or practices), and
- the contexts of use they study (academia, literature, the arts, politics, business, law, health care, organisations, journalism, science and technology, or others).