Thank you for your interest in the Association for Researching and Applying Metaphor (RaAM).
RaAM strives to:
- advance the study of metaphor, metonymy and other kinds of figurative expression, with a commitment to the application of such research to ‘real world’ issues;
- encourage the development of rigorous research methods for the study of metaphor, metonymy and other kinds of figurative expression; and
- foster interdisciplinary collaboration in this area of study.
RaAM is open in terms of:
- the theoretical approaches that members apply,
- the means of expression they analyse (be it language, imagery, objects, sound, or practices); and
- the contexts of use they study (academia, literature, the arts, politics, business, law, health care, organisations, journalism, science and technology, or others).
RaAM offers members:
- an extensive community of scholars from across the world;
- the ability to participate in an annual conference;
- an opportunity to be updated on relevant news by receiving the RaAM newsletter and joining the RaAM Facebook group;
- substantial discounts on cutting edge research in the field:
- Journal: Metaphor and the Social World
- Book Series: Metaphor in Language, Cognition, and Communication