Thank you for your interest in the Association for Researching and Applying Metaphor (RaAM).
RaAM strives to:
- advance the study of metaphor, metonymy and other kinds of figurative expression, with a commitment to the application of such research to ‘real world’ issues;
- encourage the development of rigorous research methods for the study of metaphor, metonymy and figurative expression in general in applied contexts; and
- foster interdisciplinary collaboration in this area of study.
RaAM is open in terms of:
- the theoretical approaches that members apply,
- the means of expression they analyse (be it language, imagery, objects, sound, or practices), and
- the contexts of use they study (academia, literature, the arts, politics, business, law, health care, organisations, journalism, science and technology, or others).
Substantial discounts on cutting edge research in the field:
- Journal: Metaphor and the Social World
- Book Series: Metaphor in Language, Cognition, and Communication