What is involved?
It is expected that Executive Committee (EC) members will each year attend and report at two EC meetings as well as the Annual General Meeting (AGM), for which expenses will be reimbursed in line with RaAM policy. Where physical attendance is impossible or highly impractical (e.g., too costly), video-conferencing will be set up.
Task description for the Chair
- Providing reliable administration and leadership for the Association in accordance with its constitution and the guidelines of the UK Charity Commission, with which RaAM is registered;
- Chairing the two EC meetings and the AGM of the Association;
- Coordinate with the Secretary regarding the agenda for the EC meetings and AGMs;
- Coordinating with the individual members of the EC throughout the year to ensure that the Association’s work runs smoothly;
- Troubleshooting problems that extend beyond the purview of individual EC officers’ roles, including coordination as needed with local organisers of RaAM events;
- Communicating relevant issues to the RaAM membership.
Duration of appointment
The Chair will be appointed for a period of four years.
Please feel free to ask any question you may have to RaAM’s current Chair.