What is involved?
It is expected that Executive Committee (EC) members will each year attend and report at two EC meetings as well as the Annual General Meeting (AGM), for which expenses will be reimbursed in line with RaAM policy. Where physical attendance is impossible or highly impractical (e.g., too costly), video-conferencing will be set up.
Task description for the Secretary
- Liaise with and support the Chair;
- Liaise with the Treasurer about membership issues and the members database;
- Liaise with the UK Charity Commission;
- Organise RaAM insurance;
- Prepare for and service RaAM EC meetings and AGMs, including creating agendas, writing the minutes and organising voting procedures;
- Prepare the Annual Return (submitted to the UK Charity Commission) and the Annual Report (summarised and presented at the AGM and later archived);
- Keep relevant administrative records.
Duration of appointment
The Secretary will be appointed for a period of four years.
Please feel free to ask any question you may have to RaAM’s current Secretary