What is involved?
It is expected that Executive Committee (EC) members will each year attend and report at two EC meetings as well as the Annual General Meeting (AGM), for which expenses will be reimbursed in line with RaAM policy. Where physical attendance is impossible or highly impractical (e.g., too costly), video-conferencing will be set up.
Task description for the Treasurer
- Setting the annual RaAM subscription rates in collaboration with the rest of the EC;
- Looking after the two RaAM bank accounts (the current account and the savings account) through internet banking and by phone;
- Ensuring that RaAM remains solvent and having the accounts checked;
- Agreeing with the RaAM Chair how much can be paid out in expenses for Executive Committee meetings;
- Processing claim forms and paying expenses (the treasurer and the Chair are the two official signatories for RaAM cheques although only one signature is required; expenses are generally paid by bank transfer);
- Paying for other RaAM related business (such as RaAM prizes and insurance);
- Keeping an account of receipts and payments for the charity commission, using their official template;
- Reporting to the EC and the AGM;
- Liaising with conference organisers over payment of RaAM annual subscriptions.
Duration of appointment
The Treasurer needs to be UK-based and will be appointed for a period of three years.
Please feel free to ask any question you may have to RaAM’s current Treasurer.